How to Fix Norton Security Error Code 3048 3
Norton Security is a top-grade computer and cyber security software that gives users real-time malware protection and performance tuning tools. To protect your system from cyber threats you need, make sure your Norton security software is free from error and is running smoothly. This article will give you an overview of how to solve Norton Security Error Code 3048 3 so that you can keep your computer safe from online threats. Apart from the solutions mentioned below, you can also call Norton contact number and speak to a software technician to review the security settings on your account and fix any errors that may come up.
Solutions to fix Norton Security Error Code 3048 3
Norton Error Code 3048 3 is generally caused when the software finds it difficult to connect to the Symantec Live Update servers. You can use the solutions mentioned below to troubleshoot the error.
Solution 1: Run Norton Live Update
The Live Update utility tool helps Norton users download the latest security updates and software patches for their Norton software. You can use the Norton Live Update tool to install spyware, antivirus signature files and firewall on your current version of Norton Security. You can follow the steps below to Run Norton Live Update and try and fix Security Error Code 3048 3:
• Step 1: Start Norton and enter your login details
• Step 2: Go to the ‘My Norton’ window located next to Device Security
• Step 3: Double-click the ‘Security’ option and look for ‘Live Update.’
• Step 4: Press ‘Live Update’ and wait for the tool to finish installing
• Step 5: When the Norton Live Update utility tool is finished, press ‘OK.’
Keep in mind that you need to run the Norton Live Update utility tool until you receive a notification that reads, "Your Norton product has the latest protection updates." Once you receive confirmation that the necessary updates are complete, you can restart the computer and check if Norton Security Error Code 3048 3 is fixed.
Solution 2: Download and run the Norton Remove and Reinstall Tool
If you find that Error Code 3048 3 persists, even after you Run the Norton Live Update utility tool, you should try and reinstall Norton Security to fix the problem. You refer to the steps below and use the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool to reinstall your Norton Security software and fix the error
• Step 1: Visit the Norton site and download the Remove and Reinstall Tool
• Step 2: Save the file on your desktop or the default downloads folder
• Step 3: Locate the downloaded file and double-click the NRnR icon
• Step 4: Quickly go through the license agreement and tap ‘Agree.’
• Step 5: Select the ‘Remove & Reinstall’ option and then click ‘Remove.’
Once your Norton Security software is uninstalled, you can restart your computer. After the computer come back online, you can follow the on-screen instructions to reinstall Norton Security and check Error Code 3048 3 is resolved. In case the error persists, you can call the Norton tech support number and consult a certified software expert to find out how to implement more advanced troubleshooting steps to fix the problem.