How to Configure Norton 360 & VPN
Have you signed up on different websites? Have you saved your bank details on the banking site? Do you shop and pay online? If so, Norton 360 plan is an “all-in-one” security suite that combined online protection with performance tuning. Norton 360 is a comprehensive computer security solution software package produced by Symantec. Besides providing antivirus and anti-spyware protection, Norton 360 also provides an embedded computer firewall to help further protect your computer against computer hackers.
Does Norton defend against today’s online threats? Yes, as a part of Symantec, they are a part of one of the world’s largest civilian cyber intelligence networks allowing their products to help protect against the most advanced threats. They benefit their customers as they:
- Give real-time threat protection
- Secure VPN
- Manages their customer's passwords
- Gives 75GB PC cloud backup
- Provides SafeCam for PC
A common problem that arises, however, is that Norton 360's firewall can inadvertently block virtual private network (VPN) connectivity if you do not configure the firewall to permit the VPN. When you find yourself in such a condition, you can then connect on Norton Support Number, where the techies are ready to assist you 24*7. You can also follow the below steps to try it by yourself:
- Step 1: Open the Norton 360 software just by double-clicking on the program icon on your desktop or even by selecting the Norton icon from the Windows task tray.
- Step 2: Then, after opening the program, the first thing you have to do is to update Norton 360 by selecting the “Run Live Updates” menu option. After this, all the VPN traffic of the older version of Norton 360 would be blocked, irrespective of the firewall rules.
- Step 3: Now select the ‘Task and Settings’ menu and then opt for the ‘Advanced Settings’ option.
- Step 4: Further, select the ‘Firewall Protection Settings’ option, then choose the ‘Add’ button, and finally opt for the ‘VPN’ application from the file
- Step 5: Once you are done with the above steps, click on the ‘Permit’ button and choose the incoming and outgoing traffic, which is to be followed by the ‘Next’ button.
- Step 6: Now choose the ‘Any Computer’ menu button and then press on ‘Next’ to proceed further.
- Step 7: Then select the option to apply to "All Ports" and "All Types of Communication," followed by the "Next" menu button.
- Step 8: Finally, enter a text description for the firewall rule and click the "Next," "Finish," and "Close" menu buttons, which would complete the configuring process of Norton 360 for a VPN connection.
If you face any further issues while following these steps mentioned above, then prefer taking assistance from trained professionals. In such a dilemma, you can easily connect with Norton Help and get all the necessary help. This service by customer care is available throughout the day.
Also read about: How to Fix Norton Toolbar Chrome not working